Our reusable sweeper covers have become very popular over the last few years. We are so very blessed that you have shared them and the crochet pattern with so many people on Facebook and beyond. We are extremely grateful to all of you.
I get questions about them all the time. So I wanted to share with you some tips and tricks so you can get the most out of your sweeper covers.
- These reusable cotton covers work great when used dry. They pick up all kinds of grit, grime, and definitely hair balls whether its the human kind or from your furry friends.
- They can also be used wet. No need to ONLY use them dry. They absorb really well. I know many people that make their own natural floor cleaner and spray the cleaner on the floor, then clean it up with the sweeper mop. These same reusable covers can also fit most wet mops.
- After using your sweeper covers on one side, flip them inside out. Then place the cover back on your sweeper and you can get a second use out of it before having to wash it.
- When it is time to wash your covers, you can just throw them in the wash with your towels. Some of the darker colors may bleed, so please make sure to check them before doing so. Some people would rather hand wash theirs to avoid putting all the dirt and hair in with their towels and also in their washing machine.
- When washing and drying your covers, avoid using fabric softener or dryer sheets. They will make your sweeper covers and even your towels less absorbent. Try some vinegar in your fabric softener dispenser drawer. Not only will it help with keeping your washing machine clean, but it will also help keep your towels and clothes soft. And our natural laundry soap is great for washing your sweeper covers.
Now you are ready to put those reusable sweeper covers to use! Have fun cleaning!
Would you like to make your own reusable sweeper cover? I have the crochet pattern available in my shop. I also have the Sweeper Cover Crochet Kit available also. It comes with everything you will need to make your very own sweeper covers.